Review: stila all day 10 in 1 HD Beauty Balm
stila all day 10 in 1 HD Beauty Balm
I have been trying to avoid foundation this summer as it has been soooooo stinkin’ hot. Me, stinkin’hot and foundation do not play well together no matter how much primer I use. So I have been trying to keep my application light as possible on my face. So I have been testing out a few beauty balms. This time around, I am reviewing stila all day 10 in 1 HD Beauty Balm which I received in my June Topbox. Originally I thought it has only a couple uses but I ended up getting a week plus of wear out this little tube.
From stila.com:Age is nothing but a number with Stila's Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm, a luxurious, priming beauty balm that seemingly turns back the hands of time by visibly improving the look and feel of skin and creating an impeccable canvas for flawless makeup application.
· Luxurious beauty balm glides onto skin and leaves a silky, powdery finish
· High-definition formula helps reduce pore size and provides oil and blemish control
· Contains innovative micro spheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce wrinkle depth by up to 84%
· Features an exclusive complex, which helps reduce redness and skin irritation
· Enriched with Tripeptide-37, bamboo and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
· Infused with natural, skin-protecting emollients which have been shown to increase anti-oxidant activity by up to 89.7%
· Uses the smallest particle size of coated pigments for seamless, smooth coverage
· Ideal for all skin types and skin tones
· Oil-free, paraben-free and dermatologist tested
I used this beauty balm over my Neutrogena SPF and regular facial moisturizer then topping it with some MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural. For application, I have used my fingers and a flat top stipple brush and found both methods work quite well. The stila all in one HD beauty balm did feel a bit dry when it came out of the tube. So I applied a bit and then spread it out before moving on to the next part of my face. It has a powdery like finish once it has dried. My skin felt silky smooth afterwards.
It says it is ideal for all skin tones ...to that I say maybe because it has minimal to no coverage. I had to use a concealer to cover up the hyper pigmentation I have just below my eye and the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish to get some overall coverage. I do think the stila all in one HD beauty balm does truly blur out fine lines and makes the skin look so much smoother. I actually received compliments on my skin as people thought I was going au natural J. I also liked the smell, sort of like blueberries.
I had to take the face photos twice as I had thought my original After shot was blurred. But when I retook the photos it came out the same. The stila all in one HD beauty balm did blur and fill in my pores, fine lines and blurred out some of my freckles. Plus.
Wearwise: I had no breakouts from this BB cream and I didn’t notice it ‘moving’ or oxidizing during the day from the heat.
Unfortunately it doesn’t have any SPF and only comes in one shade. For the price point, I would expect more coverage. I don’t hate it, I actually like the stila all in one HD beauty balm but basically I found it to be a very good face primer. Just not one I could justify spending $49 CDN on. If it had more coverage the Yes I would buy it.
I expect a BB cream to have the following; moisturizes, beneficial skin ingredients, spf, primer and coverage. And all at a good price! Am I expecting too much? What should we expect from a BB cream?