I was recently sent some Revlon products through the Revlon Selects program. The Revlon Lash Potion and Revlon ColorSilk hair colour. Thank you Revlon!
Before I even received the products, my friend Wendy told me about this great mascara that she just bought that weekend that she was in love with and I needed to try it. She is well aware that I am a makeup junkie so if my close friends tell me to try something I most probably am!
Luckily, my Revlon Selects package came the next day and the Lash Potion was in it. YES!
So I opened it up and tried it the next morning and I actually remembered to take photos of before and after! J
Magically transform lashes to lush, long and lustrous. A potion with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume. Triple-groove wand combs through for clump-free length.
|Revlon Lash Potion|
What did I like about Lash Potion?
- The wand – it pretty bushy, with long bristles. It makes it easy to roll up the lashes. I did manage to hit my eyelid with the brush when I was applying so be careful when wiggling the wand around in the roots of your lashes.
- It gives great volume plus a little lengthening (not enough length to make me giddy though)
- The formula is on the wet side when it is first opened. I don’t find that a deal breaker as I usually find the formula ‘thickens’ up after about a week or so to what I call the 'Goldilocks zone' HAHA.
- Clumps with more than two coats
- It transferred under my eyes after a few hours – that is a deal breaker for me
So I went back to my friend and asked her if it transferred on her. It did not and she was still advocating it. After a bit more discussion, it turns out she has the waterproof formula. That is probably the reason for no transfer, no clumps and her long lasting results.
My verdict: it’s a good volumizing mascara but the resulting transfer would not make me want to repurchase. But if you want volumizing clump free results try the waterproof version which I just might go get to try out.
Have any of you tried Lash Potion? Let me know your experience.